Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic for Treatment of the Enterovirus in Riverside, CA
Hundreds of viruses circulate across the United States every year and affect thousands of people. These viruses come with illness, fatigue, and can be highly contagious. At AFC Urgent Care and walk-in clinic in Riverside CA, our dedicated and experienced team can help you and your loved ones avoid viruses and more. With our on-site lab testing, we are dedicated to providing you with fast health care services.
One of the virus strains that is important to prevent for your family is enterovirus D68 (EV-D68). EV-D68 is a virus that spreads through saliva from an infected person, and can be highly contagious. Here are some common questions that we get from patients at AFC Urgent Care Riverside CA:
What are the symptoms of EV-D68?
- There are both mild and severe symptoms of EV-D68. Mild symptoms include body aches, fever, and runny nose.
- Severe EV-D68 symptoms include coughing or difficulty breathing, and should be dealt with at a hospital emergency room if life-threatening.
Who is at risk of getting EV-D68?
- In general, young children and teenagers are most likely to get an enterovirus, because they haven’t built up immunity to the virus yet.
- Children with respiratory illnesses are also more likely to get EV-D68.
How can I protect myself from EV-D68?
- Preventative steps can be taken to avoid EV-D68, but like any illness EV-D68 can be caught by anyone.
- Other than eating healthy and staying hygienic, a good way to prevent EV-D68 (and other contagious viruses) is to avoid the spread of mucus and saliva.
If you think that you may have EV-D68 or require any other minor emergency care services, come into AFC Urgent Care and walk-in clinic in Riverside CA today. We offer a variety of medical services to suit all your healthcare needs, and our staff has the experience and compassion to help you and your loved ones today. We look forward to helping you and your family feel better and stay healthy!
Formerly AFC Doctors Express